BARBECUED SALMON WITH SOY &BROWN SUGAR MARINADE:
The mixture of brown sugar, soy sauce, lemon and garlic provides the perfect sweet and salty taste to the rich flavor of the salmon.
700grams Salmon Fillet
1 Tablespoon Lemon Zest
1 Tablespoon Minced Garlic Clove
5 Tablespoons Soy Sauce
4 Tablespoons Dark Brown Soft Sugar
5 Tablespoons Water
4 Tablespoons Vegetable Oil
Freshly Ground Black Pepper To Taste
1. In a bowl place the sugar, water, vegetable oil, lemon zest, minced
garlic, pepper and soy sauce and mix together until as much of the sugar
has dissolved as possible.
2. Once you have made the marinade you now place the salmon fillet
into a large resealable plastic bag and pour the marinade over it. Close
the bag up and then turn it over several times to ensure that the fillet of
salmon is completely covered in the marinade. Place in the refrigerator
for at least 2 hours.
3. Once the two hours has passed removed the salmon from the
refrigerator and start heating up the barbecue. By the time the
barbecue has heated up the salmon fillet should have come up to room
temperature and will be ready to start cooking.
4. To cook the salmon fillet on the barbecue you can either place it
directly on to the grate that has been lightly oiled or directly on to a
piece of aluminum foil that has been lightly oiled. Any marinade that
remains should now be discarded.
5. You should cook each side of the salmon for between 5 and 6 minutes
or when you use a fork to separate the flesh it flakes easily. Once
cooked simply place on a clean plate and then allow your guests to help