French Toast recipe: When French toast is served as a sweet dish, milk, sugar, vanilla or cinnamon are also commonly added before pan-frying, and then it may be topped with sugar (often powdered sugar), butter, fruit, or syrup. When it is a savory dish, it is generally fried with a pinch of salt or pepper, and then it can be served with a sauce such as ketchup or mayonnaise. –wikipedia
1 loaf Texas toast thick bread
2 1⁄2tablespoons sugar
1⁄2 teaspoon salt
1 ⁄2teaspoon vanilla extract
2 cups milk
1 cup flour
2 1⁄2teaspoons baking powder
4 teaspoons cinnamon
3⁄4 cup sugar
1. Mix all ingredients in a large bowl.
2. Mix coating in a smaller bowl.
3. Dip bread into first mixture and fry in vegetable oil on the stove (enough to cover the bottom of the
pan really well may have to use more oil depending on how many you make). Cook 3 minutes on each
4. When golden brown, Remove, pat with paper towel to remove excess oil.
5. Sprinkle bread with coating.
6. To Freeze: Cool and then store in ziplock freezer bags. To reheat: We just put one piece in the
microwave at a time for about 30 seconds per side until heated through.