Revamped Caesar Salad: Caesar Salad is an all time favorite for everyone around the world. Crispy, creamy, crunchy and
delicious, there is always an occasion to enjoy this salad. It is said to have been created around 1924
by the Italian immigrant and restaurant owner Caesar Cardini and since its creation the Caesar salad
has known many variations. This recipe revamps this salad with a few special additions just for your
Yields: 8 servings.
1-1/2 cups crotons
1 cup sliced almonds
1 cup pecan halves
1/2 cup walnut halves
2 tbsp olive oil
A few shaved slices of fresh Parmesan cheese (as desired
10 cups of torn romaine lettuce
To make the dressing:
2 tablespoons roasted garlic
1/2 cup finely grated Parmigiano
2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
1/2 teaspoon of anchovy paste
3 tablespoons of sour cream
½ cup canola or olive oil
Salt and pepper as desired
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
Method of Preparation:
1. Start with the dressing and combine the grated Parmesan, roasted garlic, Dijon mustard,
sherry vinegar, anchovy paste and sour cream in a large bowl and whisk until smooth.
2. Slowly go adding in the canola or olive oil to thicken the paste. Taste and if needed add
in salt and pepper as desired
3. Spread the almonds, pecans, walnuts, and oil on a foil-lined rimmed baking sheet. Bake
in ovens center rack at 350F for around 10 to 12 minutes or until toasted and golden. Let
4. Put the lettuce into a nice salad bowl or tray drizzle half of the dressing over and toss
around move lettuce around until coated.
5. Next add in the crotons, nuts and combine the last half of the dressing
6. Add in the shaved slices of Parmesan as desired.