Top Greek Salad: A summer salad or rustic salad stemming from Greek cuisine is what we now love and enjoy as
Greek Salad. This famous salad known all over the world contains Greek-inspired ingredients
dressed with vinegar and Greek olive oil, it is said that the reason it has that rustic look or feel is that
the original ingredients came from Greek villages or country sides everything was just tossed together
The key to this salad is using super fresh ingredients that will just make the flavors bold. This Greek
salad is perfect to serve at barbeques or with grilled meats or fish.
Yields: 6 to 8 servings.
1 green pepper
1 medium ripe tomato
1 beef tomato
1 medium red peeled onion7 oz of ripe cherry tomatoes
½ cup of large black olives
1/3 cup fresh mint leaves
1/3 cup fresh dill
Course sea salt
1 teaspoon dried oregano
3 tablespoons good-quality Greek extra virgin olive oil
1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
7 oz of block feta cheese
Method of Preparation:
1. Take the medium tomato and cut it into wedges.
2. Cut the cherry tomatoes in halves
3. Cut thick round slices of the beef tomato.
4. Use a large salad bowl and put in all your cut tomatoes.
5. Cut the onion in thin slices (finely) then add them to the tomato mix.
6. Cut the ends off of the cucumber then take a fork and run it length ways on the cucumber
to scratch it and leave deep grooves in the skin. Then slice it.
7. Core out the pepper (remove all seeds) and then cut it in slices.
8. Add the pepper and cucumber to the salad.
9. Chop up the mint leaves and add them to the salad along with the other chopped up herbs.
10. Add the olives (squeeze them a bit with your hand so that they add more season to the
11. Season with coarse salt
12. Add in the vinegar and Greek olive oil.
13. Toss everything around together. Taste and if needed adjust the seasonings.
14. Before serving toss in the feta cheese blocks and toss around some more. Sprinkle some
oregano over the salad and a little more Greek olive oil. Your salad is ready to eat.